full time, Junior designer
Studio Sven is looking to hire a fierce, detailed, and forward-thinking interior designer. Must be a highly motivated self-starter, who thrives in a fast-paced creative environment and has a strong sense of urgency, organization and follow-through.
The ideal candidate will have a well-developed sense of personal aesthetic, an eagerness to learn, and lives for collaboration. This person will be involved in all aspects of the design process, from conception to completion. While design is a critical element of this role, there is a high level of project management associated with this position. Applicant must have a passion for details, and desire to see them through till completion.
Candidate will be expected to jump feet first into significant responsibility without a long learning curve. Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience in interior design, a background in residential and experience with project management is preferred. A bachelor's degree is essential, but a formal education in interior design is not required as long as you are well-versed in all necessary software and the entirety of the design process.
- A high level of proficiency in AutoCAD, along with the ability to create and work with floor plans, elevations, construction documents, millwork and shop drawing.
- Comfortable working in a Mac environment.
- Confident in abilities with Photoshop, Excel, Dropbox, and social media. Responsibilities will include use of these technologies on a regular basis.
- Familiarity with the Chicago Merchandise Mart and its vendors, as well as experience with purchasing/sourcing goods and materials.
- Experience in working closely with contractors and various trades is part of the everyday routine of this position, and the ability to interact with them is critical.
- Able to prioritize and balance multiple projects/ tasks at a time.
- Effective and timely written and verbal communication skills with clients and vendors.
- Respect of privacy is paramount. Working closely with the firm’s clientele, especially in the intimate settings of private residences, requires the utmost in trustworthiness and discretion.
- Must currently reside in Chicago and have a reliable car for site visits, shopping trips and install days.
- Interior installation experience is a plus, but at a minimum you must be comfortable with hands-on labor during an install every once in awhile.
- This is a full-time position with standard office hours, but flexibility will be necessary for the occasional evening client meeting, installation, and sometimes just to meet a deadline.
- Must be interested in long-term employment, and potential for growth alongside the firm.
- Punctuality, reliability and loyalty are highly valued characteristics in the consideration of candidates.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, references and portfolio to LAUREN@STUDIOSVEN.COM.
Along with your portfolio, please include anything that may be relevant to your personal aesthetic, including links to your Instagram, Pinterest. Blog, etc.